› LOCAL PUBLIC CONSULTATION - RECREATION GROUND PROJECT
JANUARY 2019 - UPDATE
Click here to view Consultation Results in PDF format
1) New Storage Building: two metal containers with storage for a football team and Gt. Dunmow Round Table are considered to be unsightly. The Town Council stores limited grounds maintenance equipment which could be stored more appropriately in a purpose-built unit. It is possible that, as the town expands, the Town Council may purchase more equipment and have additional staff to manage the open spaces, and this would require secure storage.
2) Renew Public Toilets: the toilets were originally built around 80 years ago and, although refurbished more recently, frequently suffer from a drainage problem. They do not meet the needs of disabled users or those with young children.
3) Extension to the Car Park: the car park is in need of repair and does not meet the needs of the hirers of the Dourdan Pavilion during football season or other busy periods.
- A new secure storage building complete with all services and sectioned into three individual units. The roof will be high enough to allow for a mezzanine floor. The store building would house grass cutting machinery and limited fuel, with a small workshop facility. Additional storage would be available.
- To demolish the existing toilet block and build a new one. Exact location to be decided.
- To repair the surface and increase the capacity of the car park by approximately 30% and mark out spaces.
- Storage of Town Council equipment and future planning for storage of grounds maintenance equipment if and when such maintenance is carried out by Town Council employees.
- A workshop facility for grounds maintenance machinery.
Provision of storage for a football team and Gt. Dunmow Round Table to replace their containers which are currently placed at the end of the car park.
- A third storage area for hire to a local organisation.
- Functional, modern and compliant public toilets.
- Alleviation of parking problems in the car park during football season and for the hirers of the Dourdan Pavilion.
- Alleviation of overspill parking on The Causeway and associated issues concerning road safety and congestion.
- £74,000 for a new toilet block containing 4 cubicles
- £95,800 for a new toilet block containing 6 cubicles
- £51,800 for the storage building
- £75,300 to resurface the existing car park
- £123,600 to extend and resurface the car park
- Costs include fees and exclude VAT
- Other costs to be confirmed
A reader is required to view and print PDF files.
You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader free from the Adobe website: