Great Dunmow: Coat of Arms Great Dunmow Town Council Great Dunmow Town Hall

› HISTORY OF THE COUNCIL

Inauguration of Dunmow's first Town Mayor in 2000: Councillor Douglas James with Lord BraybrookeThe Great Dunmow Parish Council was established by the Local Government Act, 1894. The Council's title was changed to Great Dunmow Town Council in 1990 in recognition of the Council's developing role, the town's increasing significance, population, and municipal history: the office of Chairman of the Council was renamed Town Mayor in 2000 for similar reasons.